Saturday, October 8, 2011

Introduction from my book.

So occasionally I will put in an excerpt from my book that is coming out in the Spring of 2012.

     This is the story of my life, it is not always a pretty story, it is not always a depressing story, but it is my story. It is a story of adversity, and overcoming, and pushing through to see what comes next. Doing the best I can with what I have, but always striving to achieve more, learn more, do more, and serve more.

     I raised 3 daughters, Misty, Mandy and Meagan. Now my girls are raising their families, I have 5 grandchildren, Misty’s children- Nate, Ashley, Mandy’s daughter, Katie and Meagan’s girls Cassie and her sister Bree.

     I ended up being a single parent, this was not part of my plan, but, I have learned that every time I made plans, something we call life-took me in other directions. So I continued to observe.

     I observed what was working for people I knew, and people I didn’t know except through the media. I observed what DID NOT work for others as well, and I have tried to avoid some of those same mistakes for myself. Now this does not mean I have not made my share of missteps, but I have not set out to intentionally cause harm or offense to anyone, but I have learned some powerful life lessons, and I enjoy sharing what I have learned, and I want you to learn as well.

     I grew from being a young city girl, to a wife, mother, room mother, Sunday School Teacher, Softball Coach, Girl Scout Leader, Bible Quiz Parent, chauffeur, Nurse’s Aide, Medical Office Manager, small business owner, Respiratory Therapist, Skilled Care Outreach Manager, Call Center Representative, Call Center Supervisor, Retail Sales Supervisor, back to Call Center Supervisor, whew! And now I am starting over as a Life/Business Coach and Entrepreneur. In almost every role, I was providing some level of Customer Service, Customer Service Training, and Customer Service Support.

     Along my path I have had some great Mentor’s and Bosses, and I have had a few really Poor Bosses with very poor people skills, one even stated that he had poor skills, and said he would not make any apology for it, those of us that reported to him would have to make the best of the situation as he was put in place to be the “clean up man”, whatever that meant. I have tried to take the best practices of those that were successful, and observed what did not work from those that had challenges and develop my own style of managing people, which over the years I have become pretty successful.

     I discovered that each and every job I have EVER had has been providing customer service, yes you heard me right, even as a wife, mother, daughter, friend I am still providing customer service to whomever I am interacting with. And so are you.

     The goal is to give the best part of yourself to whatever action you are taking, work or at home or social situation. Is it easy? NO. Is it worthwhile? YES. Can you do it? ABSOLUTELY, if you choose to.

No comments:

Post a Comment